Xamarin Learning Resources
Xamarin is a San Francisco, California based software company which provides commercial software development tools that leverage the Mono open source project in order to allow you to develop applications for Android, iOS, and OS X using C# and the .NET framework.
Find links to Xamarin learning resources and some of the popular Xamarin development books. If you want to list down your blog or book on this page then please comment below.
Xamarin Learning Resources
Below are some of the Xamarin learning web portals, provides examples, source code and step by step guide for developers to learn Xamarin from scratch.
Xamarin Development Books
Xamarin Mobile Application Development for Android – Second Edition
About This Book
- Build and test multi-view Android applications using Xamarin.Android
- Work with device capabilities such as location sensors and the camera
- A progressive, hands-on guide to develop stunning Android applications using Xamarin
Who This Book Is For
If you are a C# developer who wants to develop Android apps and enhance your existing skill set, then this book is ideal for you. Good working knowledge of C#, .NET, and object-oriented software development is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Build a multi-view, orientation-aware Android application with navigation
- Lay out content using the LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, and TableLayout layout managers
- Use a ListView (AdapterView) and Adapter to build a view that is populated from server data
- Consume REST web service to perform GET, UPDATE, DELETE operation
- Use Android SQLite for data persistence and caching
- Capture the current location of a device, determine the street address, and integrate with the map app
- Test, debug, and deploy an Android app
Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms
The preview edition contains six chapters:
- How does Xamarin.Forms fit in?
- Pages, layouts, and views
- Building an app: Infrastructure
- Building an app: Architecture
- Principles of presentation
- The interactive interface
This is only the beginning – the completed book will cover all aspects of Xamarin.Forms from the various layout and styling options to extending functionality using native APIs. Preview edition is now available for download.
Xamarin Mobile Application Development for iOS
The book begins by discussing the installation of the IDE (for both PC and Mac) as well as how to set up your PC so it can be used to develop for iOS. From there, successive chapters cover the user interface, views, view controllers, customisation of controls, animation, events and event handling, getting the most from your app using threading, creating your own settings system, the internal database system and LINQ, sending texts, making calls, taking photos, videos, and audio recordings as well as using the mapping system. The book culminates by showing you how to test your app using testflight and finally how to release your app on the Apple Store. It is an all-encompassing book that leaves nothing out.
Sharing is caring!
Did you like what Editorial wrote? Thank them for their work by sharing it on social media.